Friday, March 7, 2008

One Love!


I see two eyes and a nose between,
You are my love, you are my queen,
You are always there to greet me dear,
Its because of you that I feel not fear!

You are my friend, my pal, my gal,
Be it winter, summer, spring or fall,
That tiny tail you wag when I call,
Be I near you or behind the wall!

Your large eyes always follow me around,
Be I on the terrace or on the ground,
You hear my slightest little sound,
And straight for me you happily bound!

You are my gift, my toy,
My bundle of joy,
It doesn't matter if you are a girl or a boy,
My friend for always, until the day I die!

For my dogs... Blackie, Lilee and the others who are somewhere else now...
(Image - without request from http://www.e-cart.biz/stores/vintage-metal-art/images/bulldogsketch.gif)

12 comments:

Dr. Aparna Bagwe said...

hi ravin.. why shy to call her lily? .. nice poem btw..

Unknown said...

Ah...a poet too? :P
Pets do evoke such strong emotions, don't they?

shubd said...

Booooohooooooooooo .... I miss my baby :(

They are yours till the end ... theirs or yours ...

Ritu said...

Ah Ravin, lovely poem, gr8 emotions. Wish I had written that for my Jeanie

Anonymous said...

lovely words...you have crafted it beautifully!

Anonymous said...

Sigh! Its moving, you've written it so well :(

Princess said...

awww..........cho chweet.

Jogesh Sachdev said...

Dil ki Bataen!
Lovely Doctor,You can use the pen(Keyboard) to the great effect. Have not seen a beautiful writeup before(Specially abt The self).
GR8!!!

Jogesh Sachdev said...

That was very sweeeeet Observation Doc. U R Blessed!

Ravin said...

Thanks Jogesh :-)

Unknown said...

Beautiful!:-)

Ravin said...

Thanks Rashmi and everyone else :-)