Saturday, November 22, 2008

I wonder...

I walk my daughter to her school bus each morning. The walk is short and sweet. And so are the things around us :-)

There is this big pup (4-5 months), a stray, who rushes to us every morning, out of nowhere, wagging her whole body, not just her tail... almost as if we are her long lost family!

What is it that brings her to us with much gay abandon? How can she know we are dog lovers? Is it simply the smell of our pets on us? Or is it something more?

She's there till the school bus arrives, either sitting quietly at our feet or jumping around in glee, barking at anything that passes :-D

For those few minutes she's our watchdog, she's ours and we are her sole possession!

And when the bus finally leaves, its time for me to head off for my morning walk. I pat her on her head and she walks away to wherever she goes, with a simple honest smile on her lips and a soft wag of her tail...

I wonder :-)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, a friendly puppy. So sweet. Get it some doggie treats

Unknown said...

How simple and uncomplicated animals are! :)

Ravin said...

You know Ritu, I seriously have considered taking her home with me, however my boxer bitch hates pups :-( she nearly killed one a couple of years ago... fortunately it survived with just a few broken ribs...

Anonymous said...

:) you know Ravin dogs have this sixth sense ..yes they know you love them ..how unconditionally they give the love to you I guess we need to learn a lot as humans ..keep writing ..we will keep prodding ;D

Unknown said...

Something to look forward to for the two of you. Does it wait for you on holdays, I wonder :)

Ravin said...

Yes, Tiku...

I wonder too, Sujatha :-)

Unknown said...

Lovely story!...simple and sweet everyday event, that is so joyful!:-)

Ravin said...

Indeed, Rashmi :)

Unknown said...

Hmmm I love dogs too & liked what U have written , quite a real expression .

Ravin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ravin said...

Thanks Gautam, here is another of my posts related to the same topic...

One Love

Dr. Aparna Bagwe said...

oooooooooohhhhhhhhh.. . cho chweet.. ur story, ravin, reminds me of this sweet stray who made our building compound her home for a brief while... she wud go crazy with joy on seeing us.. and her entire body would wag excitedly on seeing us.. not just her tail..id named her adree (short for adrenaline .. heehee).. her eyes were so gentle and doe like... yesssss dogs can recognize dog lovers anywhere at any distance... wonderful souls.

Anonymous said...

Is that her pic? She's so cute! I too wonder if she waits for you when there's a school holiday :)